The renovations to Brooks Concert Hall, which is used by the Music Department for concerts and recitals, greatly improved acoustics and created a more intimate seating arrangement. The 4,500 square foot renovation includes new horseshoe shaped seating for 180, new risers and lighting grid. Brooks Hall is located in the original 1843 chapel, Fenwick Hall, where original features still exist. The design intentionally contrasts the new design from the original.
Part of an ambitious summer construction project, the Millard Arts Department renovation and additions includes a large skylight studio and individual independent study studio spaces totaling 4,500 square feet. The expansion addresses program needs that surfaced in a previous study of the college’s performing and fine arts facilities.
College of the Holy Cross